Getting to Victoria
Driving, Cycling or Walking Instructions
From Swartz Bay (including BC Ferries and Victoria International Airport)
Head south on the Patricia Bay Highway (Highway 17) for 30 kilometres from Swartz Bay or 25 kilometres from Victoria International Airport.
Highway 17 becomes Blanshard Street as you enter the Municipality of Saanich.
Turn left on Finlayson Street and go east one block to Topaz Park.
From Downtown Victoria (including Coho Ferry)
Head north on Blanshard Street (Highway 17) for 3 kilometres.
Turn right at Finlayson Street to Topaz Park.
From the Western Communities and Vancouver Island
The Trans Canada Highway becomes Douglas Street once you enter the Municipality of Saanich
Turn right on Finlayson Street and travel two blocks east to Topaz Park.
- BC Transit offers several routes to Topaz Park including the #6, #8, #70, #72 and #75. Ask your driver to let you off at the nearest stop to Topaz Park.
- Ample free parking is provided by our sponsor Mayfair Mall located directly across from Topaz Park. Guests may also park at S.J. Willis school on Topaz Avenue just south of Topaz Park.
- Very limited parking is available at Topaz Park. There is limited parking in the Mormon Church parking lot off of Spruce Street on the Saturday only.
- Guests are asked not to park in adjacent residential areas
- Victoria is located at the southern tip of Vancouver Island. Because of the "rain shadow" effect from the nearby Olympic Mountains, Greater Victoria has a relatively dry and moderate climate compared to Vancouver or Seattle.
- Average daytime temperatures at the end of May are highs of 17C/60F and lows of 10C/50F. Rainfall in May and June is typically about 22mm or just under 1 inch.
- Dogs are not permitted onto the grounds of Topaz Park during the Victoria Highland Games and Celtic Festival. Only registered service dogs are allowed onto the grounds.
- Due to the noise at, at times, congestion it is strongly recommended that guests leave their pets at home.